Saturday, October 6, 2007

Soon I will change my mailing address

Sometime soon, I'm going to get a post office box in El Progreso (a city an hour away), as Morazan does not have a post office. My other box will still be open during the 2 years, but I will only be able to pick it up when I go to Teguz. But if you've already sent a package, don't worry. My program manager and trainer are coming to visit me in the middle of October, so they'll be able to bring my packages with them. Also, I will be in Teguz on November 26 for vaccines and I'll be able to pick up packages then.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the packages and letters they send me!

Thanks Loretta for all the awesome stuff you sent me! I am getting out of fried breakfasts here by telling my family that I need to eat the Smart Start (my favorite cereal) that you sent me before it ruins. My family loved the gifts that you sent me. My friends and I have devoured the Reese's peanut butter cups and skittles you sent me and I am going to have the Macaroni for dinner one of these nights. The frisbee was a bit hit with the grandchildren here.

Thanks Mom and Dad for all of the cool stuff that you send me! The card games all get used and the sidewalk chalk too. I've eaten all the food. It was yummy. The newsweeks have been nice. I think that I got your last package with pens and stuff, but it is in Teguz and I'll probably get it in mid-October.

Thanks Beckers for the nice card! It was so nice for you to think of me! Tell Matt hi! It sounds like everything is going well for him at TCU!

Just in case anyone wants to send something, but doesn't know what to send, here are some ideas:

-Recipes (you can email these)
-Spices (black pepper (doesn't exist here), italian spices, indian recipes
-Crayons
-Markers
-Card games or board games
-Children's books in Spanish or bilingual
-Teaching English as a Foreign Language materials
-Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
-Seeds that I could plant in a garden (ex: green beans, broccoli, sweet corn, basil, anything really. I'm not a big lettuce or green pepper fan.)

1 comment:

MamaRhodus said...

Hi Beth,

I'm so happy you received the package and that everybody enjoyed the contents. I'll try to send some seed packets to your new address!

Andi is off to Turkemenistan. I received an email that she arrived ok but haven't heard anything from her yet. They said she may not have any email or internet access for 12 weeks. what is your email address? mine is lrhodus@comcast.net if you want to drop me a line. You are doing great with your blog site. It is very interesting to hear your stories and your experiences are amazing. You Go Girl!!!!
Mama Retta Rhodus