Thursday, October 25, 2007

My new mailing address

WARNING: Make sure you read the blog entry above. This address might be expensive to send to and you can only use UPS. You can use my old address for packages and letters while I am trying to open up a cheaper post office box in San Pedro Sula.

I have a new mailing address! After weeks of searching for a way to get mail in my town, I finally found a way! (There is a Honducor, the National Post Office, in my town, but it is just a little house and it is not very secure. Packages can be sent through Urgente Express and Gigante Express (sort of like Honduran FedEx and UPS), but there are none in the Kansas City area).

But, if you have recently sent a package, don't worry, my address in Tegucigalpa will be open for 2 years, it's just that I might not get the package immediately because I would have to go to Tegucigalpa (6 hours away) or someone passing through would have to bring it to me.

Here is my new mailing address. Packages and letters HAVE to be sent through UPS.

Urgente Express
Morazan, Yoro
Honduras, America Central
Tel. 691-0262
Rdo. a Ana Mayberry y Gloria Paz

That's right. Ana. That is my Honduran name. Beth is too hard to pronounce for many people because of the "th" sound. And "Bet" is just not very pretty. My middle name is Ann, so I decided to make my Honduran name Ana. (I used Ana in Mexico and it worked out much better than when I used Beth in Peru). Because, if people can't pronounce your name, they usually can't remember it and if they can't remember it, they're embarrassed to talk to you because they can't use your name.

I'd like to thank Juliane Shaw for her awesome package! I love the skirt! It is so cute and great for the weather here! Thanks for the Chicken Tikka Masala (my favorite food) mix! And the Reese's, of course.

Thanks Mom and Dad for all of the cool stuff! I really needed pens and sunscreen and I can always use playing cards and anti-bacterial hand gel! Also, it's nice to have some US news! And of course, thanks for the ton of Reese's!

2 comments:

misty said...

Hi my name is Misty Flores and my husband lives in morazan yoro honduras and I would like to send him and his family things (like what your family and friends did for you) but I'm not real sure of what or how to do it. I went there in Nov. 08 and was there for 5 months and I loved it. I'm going back but before I do I would like to send the things I want. If there is any way that you can help please e-mail me back as soon as you can. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon. Once again thank you. Misty Flores

Unknown said...

Beth,

I was former Peace Corps in Marale, FM and Sulaco, Yoro. I remember going to Montana de la Flor, 7 hours on horse back. Jus want to say hello and may God always be with you. Your parents must be proud of you!!

Woodrow