Saturday, October 6, 2007

My first day at the Colegio = Riding the Mechanical Bull

So on my first day at the colegio (middle school/high school) there was a big fiesta because it was the 33rd anniversary of the school. The party lasted all day and included a mechanical bull. (The first time that a mechanical bull had come to Morazan.) So what else could I do but ride it? So I borrowed a cowboy hat and rode the bull. And what other song would they put besides La Chica Sexy (The Sexy Girl). The songs goes (in spanish): The girl moves sexy. The girl moves sexy. The girl moves rico. The girl moves rico... Etc... So, it was awkward/ridiculous/hilarious all at the same time. I didn't have my camera, but Nicole, the other volunteer took a picture of me on my disposable camera. So whenever I get the photos developed and find a scanner in Morazan (should be interesting task...) I'll put those up. But it definitely made an impression because now all the colegio kids say, "Hola Ana!" (my name in Honduras)in the street.

No comments: