Saturday, July 28, 2007

Retro Night at the Disco

The the Disco Movil had a retro night with American music from the 80s. It was quite an experience…Hondurans dancing and singing to music from the 80s. It was a good time. Definitely hilarious. I wish you all could have seen it. I went with my host brothers and sisters and taught some locals how to dance to 80s music (as if I knew how…I was born in 1984). Just working on Peace Corps goal #3: To give people of other cultures a greater understanding of American culture. It was definitely a good time. There were only 3 of us gringas there. I think the funniest part was watching the random 80s music video clips which usually clashed in a hilarious way with whatever song was playing. My siblings and I stayed out until the late late hour of 1 am.

No comments: