Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bucket Showers are Bomb

So here in Cantarranas I take bucket showers. That’s right. There is no running water here. So every morning I fill a bucket with water from the pila. The pila is basically a big cement washbasin. I stand in the shower and pour water from the bucket over my head with a small bowl called a paila. The fun part is that my family is awesome and they believe in the concept of lukewarm showers (not so of many other host families). So in the morning I heat up a pot of hot water to add to the icy pila water. I have to say that I prefer bucket showers to the Electroducha (shower that heats water up in the showerhead that I had in Santa Lucia). I never wanted to stay in the Electroducha for very long, because I felt that I was wasting water. But the great thing about bucket showers is that I don’t have to worry about wasting water (but I still don’t stay in for too long, because lukewarm turns to ice cold in a matter of minutes). Bucket showers save so much water. When I get back to the states, I might just continue my bucket showers.

No comments: